- Designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 13,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight).
- Available with 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers with a capacity from 2.5 to 3 cubic yards.
- 10-1/2 HP gas engine with convenient electric start and throttle control.
- Spreads bulk salt, bulk sand, or a salt/sand mix.
- Versatile 14-1/2 in. chain conveyor drive with 1/4 in. crossbars.
- 18 in. poly spinner broadcasts up to 30 ft, using a regular or extended chute.
- Two chute baffles allow you to adjust the spread pattern to your application.
- High quality, 304 stainless steel construction for optimum corrosion resistance.
- Stainless steel inverted V improves flow and reduces stress on the drive line.
- Two hinged top screens with 1/4 in. bars included.
- Made in the USA.
Buyers Products SaltDogg 2.5-3 Cubic Yard Gas Conveyor Chain Spreader gives contractors and municipalities a gas-powered spreader ready for commercial use. The 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers are designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 13,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight) chassis. With electric start and in-cab throttle control, the spreader combines the power of a gas engine with modern spreader conveniences.
Buyers Products sets the standard for what you should expect from your spreader company. The spreader comes equipped with a 12V electric clutch and an in-cab, 3 position momentary switch and throttle. It also comes outfitted with four hinged-top screens with 1/4 in. bars. The hopper also comes outfitted with a top screen.
A SaltDogg stainless spreader is an investment made to last. Its hopper and fully welded frame are made from high quality 304 stainless steel for long lasting corrosion protection. The spreader is powered by a 10-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton Intek industrial/commercial engine with an included battery for electric start. A heavy duty 1-1/4 in. drive shaft and 1-1/8 in. sealed bearings are designed for long life. The high-torque conveyor gearbox has a 20:1 ratio with a 1 in. input shaft and 1-1/8 in. output shaft on tapered roller bearings to provide extra power on startup. The spreader is equipped with a steel pintle chain conveyor and features a stainless steel inverted V to reduce stress on the drive line and improve flow. The high-flow conveyor is 14-1/2 in. wide with 1/4 in. crossbars, and has a stainless steel floor. An adjustable feedgate with lock pin offers additional material flow control.
Its 18 in. poly spinner casts material 2 ft to 30 ft and gets the job done. The spreader is available with a regular or extended chute. Two adjustable baffles allow you to cater the spread pattern to your use. The chute and spinner assembly flips up or detaches completely, tool-free, for convenient bulk unload, easy servicing, and access to towing.
Product Common Use: Property Maintenance, Residential & Commercial, Parking Lots, Sidewalks