- Works with 96 in. wide dump bodies.
- Rugged 9 in. auger with 3/8 in. flighting.
- Independent hydraulic auger and spinner motors.
- Handles bulk salt, a salt/sand mix or 3/8 in. gravel.
- Bi-directional auger flighting for standard and curbside discharge.
- 18 in. spinner casts material up to 40 ft.
- Available with extended endplates to help direct material to the auger trough or spreader.
- Hydraulic spreader controls sold separately with variety of options available.
- Optional berm chute kit.
- Made in the USA.
- Buyers Products SaltDogg Heavy Duty Hydraulic Under Tailgate Spreader gives contractors and municipalities a heavy duty, under tailgate spreader that can handle 3/8 in. gravel in addition to bulk salt and salt/sand mixes. The spreader works with 96 in. wide dump bodies and comes outfitted with four hinged-top screens with 3/8 in. bars. It’s controlled by a heavy duty, in-cab controller with independent variable speeds for the conveyor and spinner. The spreader runs a direct-coupled, hydraulic drive system for both the auger and the spinner.
- A 18 in. poly spinner can cast material up to 40 ft. The material can be discharged to either side, and a berm chute is optional.
- A SaltDogg spreader is built to last. It features 10 Ga 304 stainless steel construction for the ultimate in durability and corrosion resistance. It features an anti-flow plate and 3/16 in. stainless steel endplates. An extended endplate model is also available. A three-point hinged bottom cover allows easy access to the entire auger assembly for hassle-free cleanout. The spreader is equipped with a robust 9 in. auger with 3/8 in. flighting, which allows it to spread 3/8 in. gravel in addition to bulk salt and salt/sand mixes. The spreader comes with an auger screen and a hydraulic safety lockout system.
Product Common Use: Snow and Ice Control, Road and Highway Maintenance